Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 1:14 pm
Arizona State's Graham wins Pac-12 Coach of the Year
Fresh off Arizona State's win over Arizona and the right to host the Pac-12 Championship Game, Todd Graham has been named the Pac-12 Coach of the Year.
Graham, in his second season with the school, led the Sun Devils to a 10-2 overall record and 8-1 in the conference.
"I'm extremely honored to receive that," Graham said of winning the award. "I can tell you, though, that that is another deal that is reflective of our staff. To me, that is a coaching staff recognition. I'm very proud of our guys and what we've been able to accomplish.
The Sun Devils have a chance to avenge their conference loss when they host Stanford on Saturday night.
This is the first 10-win season for the school since 2007.
He is the fourth coach in Arizona State history to be named Conference Coach of the Year. Dennis Erickson was the last coach to win it. He won in 2007, his first season at Arizona State. John Cooper, 1986, and Bruce Snyder, 1996, have also won the award.
In addition to Graham's Coach of the Year honor, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton took home the Pat Tillman Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Thirteen total players also made the Pac-12 First Team (Evan Finkenberg, Chris Coyle, Sutton, Alden Darby, Robert Nelson and Zane Gonzalez) and Second Team (Taylor Kelly, Marion Grice, Jaelen Strong, Jamil Douglas, Carl Bradford, Chris Young and Osahon Irabor).
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.