Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 1:14 pm
Arizona State's Graham wins Pac-12 Coach of the Year
Fresh off Arizona State's win over Arizona and the right to host the Pac-12 Championship Game, Todd Graham has been named the Pac-12 Coach of the Year.
Graham, in his second season with the school, led the Sun Devils to a 10-2 overall record and 8-1 in the conference.
"I'm extremely honored to receive that," Graham said of winning the award. "I can tell you, though, that that is another deal that is reflective of our staff. To me, that is a coaching staff recognition. I'm very proud of our guys and what we've been able to accomplish.
The Sun Devils have a chance to avenge their conference loss when they host Stanford on Saturday night.
This is the first 10-win season for the school since 2007.
He is the fourth coach in Arizona State history to be named Conference Coach of the Year. Dennis Erickson was the last coach to win it. He won in 2007, his first season at Arizona State. John Cooper, 1986, and Bruce Snyder, 1996, have also won the award.
In addition to Graham's Coach of the Year honor, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton took home the Pat Tillman Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Thirteen total players also made the Pac-12 First Team (Evan Finkenberg, Chris Coyle, Sutton, Alden Darby, Robert Nelson and Zane Gonzalez) and Second Team (Taylor Kelly, Marion Grice, Jaelen Strong, Jamil Douglas, Carl Bradford, Chris Young and Osahon Irabor).
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.