Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 1:14 pm
Arizona State's Graham wins Pac-12 Coach of the Year
Fresh off Arizona State's win over Arizona and the right to host the Pac-12 Championship Game, Todd Graham has been named the Pac-12 Coach of the Year.
Graham, in his second season with the school, led the Sun Devils to a 10-2 overall record and 8-1 in the conference.
"I'm extremely honored to receive that," Graham said of winning the award. "I can tell you, though, that that is another deal that is reflective of our staff. To me, that is a coaching staff recognition. I'm very proud of our guys and what we've been able to accomplish.
The Sun Devils have a chance to avenge their conference loss when they host Stanford on Saturday night.
This is the first 10-win season for the school since 2007.
He is the fourth coach in Arizona State history to be named Conference Coach of the Year. Dennis Erickson was the last coach to win it. He won in 2007, his first season at Arizona State. John Cooper, 1986, and Bruce Snyder, 1996, have also won the award.
In addition to Graham's Coach of the Year honor, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton took home the Pat Tillman Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Thirteen total players also made the Pac-12 First Team (Evan Finkenberg, Chris Coyle, Sutton, Alden Darby, Robert Nelson and Zane Gonzalez) and Second Team (Taylor Kelly, Marion Grice, Jaelen Strong, Jamil Douglas, Carl Bradford, Chris Young and Osahon Irabor).
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.