The Pulse: Sun Devils notch most impressive win
On Sunday, Nov. 24, the question was: Which in-state win was more satisfying on Saturday?
Between Arizona's 42-16 win over No. 5 Oregon and Arizona State's 38-33 Pac-12 South clinching win at the Rose Bowl in UCLA, it was quite a weekend for the state's BCS college teams.
Votes could be cast for Arizona, ASU or both, and 947 of them were submitted. Of those, the Sun Devils' victory over UCLA earned the most, with 474 (50 percent).
Before Wildcats fans get upset, it's worth noting that the second-largest total went to "both," which had 353 votes (37 percent).
So even though Arizona's win only received 120 votes, or 13 percent, at least fans of the Old Pueblo can take solace in the fact that many are excited for both schools.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.