The Pulse: Sun Devils notch most impressive win
On Sunday, Nov. 24, the question was: Which in-state win was more satisfying on Saturday?
Between Arizona's 42-16 win over No. 5 Oregon and Arizona State's 38-33 Pac-12 South clinching win at the Rose Bowl in UCLA, it was quite a weekend for the state's BCS college teams.
Votes could be cast for Arizona, ASU or both, and 947 of them were submitted. Of those, the Sun Devils' victory over UCLA earned the most, with 474 (50 percent).
Before Wildcats fans get upset, it's worth noting that the second-largest total went to "both," which had 353 votes (37 percent).
So even though Arizona's win only received 120 votes, or 13 percent, at least fans of the Old Pueblo can take solace in the fact that many are excited for both schools.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.