Todd Graham: ASU running back Marion Grice is day-to-day
However, running back Marion Grice may be more banged up than most.
The Sun Devils' leading rusher -- he's four yards shy of 1,000 -- limped off the field late in the fourth quarter of ASU's 38-33 win at UCLA Saturday and did not return.
He suffered what was described as a lower leg injury and was spotted leaving the locker room with the assistance of crutches.
"Not right now," head coach Todd Graham answered when asked for an update on Grice during his weekly press conference Monday. "We're just going to evaluate it. It's a day-to-day thing and see how he progresses."
ASU hosts rival UA Saturday.
A Sun Devils' victory would not only secure the Territorial Cup for a second straight year, but would also place the Pac-12 Championship Game in Tempe on Saturday, December 7. Lose, and ASU must travel to Palo Alto for the rematch against Pac-12 North champ Stanford, which handed the Sun Devils their lone conference defeat, 42-28 back in September.
Grice has run for over 100 yards three times this season, all in the past five games. His 996 yards are more than double that of the team's second-leading rusher, quarterback Taylor Kelly (411).
ASU averages 186.4 yards on the ground, sixth-best in the Pac-12.
"(Our running game) won't change any," Graham said. "If that happened (not having Grice available), then we just fill right in with the guys. We're not going to lose what we do with D.J. (Foster). Obviously, D.J. is such an integral part of our passing game. Hopefully we don't have to do that, but if that happens then we've got guys that I have a lot of confidence with D.J. and with Deantre (Lewis)."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.