Todd Graham: ASU running back Marion Grice is day-to-day
However, running back Marion Grice may be more banged up than most.
The Sun Devils' leading rusher -- he's four yards shy of 1,000 -- limped off the field late in the fourth quarter of ASU's 38-33 win at UCLA Saturday and did not return.
He suffered what was described as a lower leg injury and was spotted leaving the locker room with the assistance of crutches.
"Not right now," head coach Todd Graham answered when asked for an update on Grice during his weekly press conference Monday. "We're just going to evaluate it. It's a day-to-day thing and see how he progresses."
ASU hosts rival UA Saturday.
A Sun Devils' victory would not only secure the Territorial Cup for a second straight year, but would also place the Pac-12 Championship Game in Tempe on Saturday, December 7. Lose, and ASU must travel to Palo Alto for the rematch against Pac-12 North champ Stanford, which handed the Sun Devils their lone conference defeat, 42-28 back in September.
Grice has run for over 100 yards three times this season, all in the past five games. His 996 yards are more than double that of the team's second-leading rusher, quarterback Taylor Kelly (411).
ASU averages 186.4 yards on the ground, sixth-best in the Pac-12.
"(Our running game) won't change any," Graham said. "If that happened (not having Grice available), then we just fill right in with the guys. We're not going to lose what we do with D.J. (Foster). Obviously, D.J. is such an integral part of our passing game. Hopefully we don't have to do that, but if that happens then we've got guys that I have a lot of confidence with D.J. and with Deantre (Lewis)."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.