Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Arizona State's Chris Young named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
The senior from Seattle, Wash., had a huge fourth quarter to help the Sun Devils fend off the Bruins' comeback attempt. Young had two sacks in the final frame, three overall, including a big one on third down with UCLA in the red zone. He led the game with 13 tackles, 12 solo, and had the game-ending tackle that clinched the Pac-12 South for Arizona State.
It's Young's first time receiving the honor this season, but the second straight week a Sun Devil has earned the conference's defensive player of the week. Five Arizona State players have been honored in total in 2013.
The offensive player of the week went to Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who set multiple school-records in the Wildcats' upset of Oregon. UCLA's Ishmael Adams received the Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week honors, as he racked up 234 return yards against the Sun Devils.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.