Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Arizona State's Chris Young named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
The senior from Seattle, Wash., had a huge fourth quarter to help the Sun Devils fend off the Bruins' comeback attempt. Young had two sacks in the final frame, three overall, including a big one on third down with UCLA in the red zone. He led the game with 13 tackles, 12 solo, and had the game-ending tackle that clinched the Pac-12 South for Arizona State.
It's Young's first time receiving the honor this season, but the second straight week a Sun Devil has earned the conference's defensive player of the week. Five Arizona State players have been honored in total in 2013.
The offensive player of the week went to Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who set multiple school-records in the Wildcats' upset of Oregon. UCLA's Ishmael Adams received the Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week honors, as he racked up 234 return yards against the Sun Devils.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.