Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Arizona State's Chris Young named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
The senior from Seattle, Wash., had a huge fourth quarter to help the Sun Devils fend off the Bruins' comeback attempt. Young had two sacks in the final frame, three overall, including a big one on third down with UCLA in the red zone. He led the game with 13 tackles, 12 solo, and had the game-ending tackle that clinched the Pac-12 South for Arizona State.
It's Young's first time receiving the honor this season, but the second straight week a Sun Devil has earned the conference's defensive player of the week. Five Arizona State players have been honored in total in 2013.
The offensive player of the week went to Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who set multiple school-records in the Wildcats' upset of Oregon. UCLA's Ishmael Adams received the Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week honors, as he racked up 234 return yards against the Sun Devils.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!