ESPN Analyst: Arizona State feels 'like the best team in the southern division'
On Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday, ESPN college football analyst Ed Cunningham couldn't contain his excitement for the matchup.
"This is such a great game," Cunningham said.
The Sun Devils can clinch the Pac-12 South with a win, and head coach Todd Graham said it's the biggest game he's ever coached in. Even with that pressure, and the challenge of playing in Pasadena, Calif., Cunningham is leaning towards an Arizona State victory.
"I like Arizona State in this game," Cunningham said. "I think UCLA -- they (have trouble) running the ball well, Hundley will throw it away. He's a really good prospect, I just think he's got a long way to go with mechanics."
If Arizona State can slow down UCLA's freshman sensation at running back, Myles Jack, and avoid the slow starts that have hurt them in big road games before, there's no reason the Sun Devils can't return to Tempe without a division title in hand. Cunningham believes that would be the right team to likely face Oregon in the conference championship game.
"Arizona State just has that feel," Cunningham explained. "They feel like the best team in the southern division of the Pac-12."
Cunningham is familiar with Arizona football, as he played for the Arizona Cardinals for four years and served as analyst for Arizona Rattlers games from 1995-99.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!