How the Pac-12 South is won: Scenarios for Arizona State, UCLA and USC
To simplify things, here's a look at how each team can find its way to the conference title game.
How the Sun Devils get in:
With a win at UCLA Saturday, ASU (8-2, 6-1) automatically clinches the Pac-12 South.
However, Todd Graham's squad can still reach the title game if it fails to beat the Bruins. With a win at home against in-state rival Arizona and a UCLA loss at USC the following week, the Sun Devils would still represent the Pac-12 South on Dec. 7.
Remaining Schedule: @ UCLA (November 23) and vs. Arizona (November 30)
How the Bruins get in:
A win over ASU this weekend does not by itself send Jim Mora and Co. to the conference title game.
The Bruins (8-2, 5-2) would then have to beat crosstown rival USC in their regular season finale or have ASU lose at home to Arizona.
Remaining Schedule: vs. ASU (November 23) and @ USC (November 30)
How the Trojans get in:
Although it's the least likely of three schools to win the Pac-12 South, USC (8-3, 5-2) still has a slim chance.
For that to happen, the Trojans would have to win both of their final two games against Colorado and UCLA and have the Sun Devils fall in their final two games against Arizona and UCLA.
Remaining Schedule: @ Colorado (November 23) and vs. UCLA (November 30)
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.