How the Pac-12 South is won: Scenarios for Arizona State, UCLA and USC
To simplify things, here's a look at how each team can find its way to the conference title game.
How the Sun Devils get in:
With a win at UCLA Saturday, ASU (8-2, 6-1) automatically clinches the Pac-12 South.
However, Todd Graham's squad can still reach the title game if it fails to beat the Bruins. With a win at home against in-state rival Arizona and a UCLA loss at USC the following week, the Sun Devils would still represent the Pac-12 South on Dec. 7.
Remaining Schedule: @ UCLA (November 23) and vs. Arizona (November 30)
How the Bruins get in:
A win over ASU this weekend does not by itself send Jim Mora and Co. to the conference title game.
The Bruins (8-2, 5-2) would then have to beat crosstown rival USC in their regular season finale or have ASU lose at home to Arizona.
Remaining Schedule: vs. ASU (November 23) and @ USC (November 30)
How the Trojans get in:
Although it's the least likely of three schools to win the Pac-12 South, USC (8-3, 5-2) still has a slim chance.
For that to happen, the Trojans would have to win both of their final two games against Colorado and UCLA and have the Sun Devils fall in their final two games against Arizona and UCLA.
Remaining Schedule: @ Colorado (November 23) and vs. UCLA (November 30)
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?