How the Pac-12 South is won: Scenarios for Arizona State, UCLA and USC
To simplify things, here's a look at how each team can find its way to the conference title game.
How the Sun Devils get in:
With a win at UCLA Saturday, ASU (8-2, 6-1) automatically clinches the Pac-12 South.
However, Todd Graham's squad can still reach the title game if it fails to beat the Bruins. With a win at home against in-state rival Arizona and a UCLA loss at USC the following week, the Sun Devils would still represent the Pac-12 South on Dec. 7.
Remaining Schedule: @ UCLA (November 23) and vs. Arizona (November 30)
How the Bruins get in:
A win over ASU this weekend does not by itself send Jim Mora and Co. to the conference title game.
The Bruins (8-2, 5-2) would then have to beat crosstown rival USC in their regular season finale or have ASU lose at home to Arizona.
Remaining Schedule: vs. ASU (November 23) and @ USC (November 30)
How the Trojans get in:
Although it's the least likely of three schools to win the Pac-12 South, USC (8-3, 5-2) still has a slim chance.
For that to happen, the Trojans would have to win both of their final two games against Colorado and UCLA and have the Sun Devils fall in their final two games against Arizona and UCLA.
Remaining Schedule: @ Colorado (November 23) and vs. UCLA (November 30)
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.