ASU's Todd Graham believes tailored system has led to Sun Devils' success
"We really did a lot of work in the front end of this really planning and taking our time that first spring to really evaluating our personnel," Graham said. "I'm adapting constantly every day to the personnel."
One example Graham gave was how he and the coaches found what Gannon Conway, one of the team's breakout stars, was skilled at and adjusted the defense to fit him.
"When Gannon sees you're going to change this to fit him, they're motivated to do it," the coach said. "The scheme is derived and designed from them, and I think that's helped a great deal."
However, Graham didn't take all of the credit, praising the situation he took over from Dennis Erickson and the group of players he has to work with.
"I think we're very fortunate to come in here," Graham said. "And then we've added things to it. We've added a Marion Grice, a Jaelen Strong, a D.J. Foster, Jaxon Hood.
"We've just got really good players and we've got a scheme that matches their abilities, and I think that's what makes it all work."
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.