ASU's Graham on winning streak: 'We've not done anything'
The No. 19 Sun Devils' next three games won't be easy, however, highlighted by a trip to UCLA which will likely determine who represents the Pac-12 in the conference championship game. In order for ASU to reach its fourth game, head coach Todd Graham said the players can't rest on their laurels.
"Because you have a tendency, when you're experiencing success, everyone's patting you on the back and you think you've done it," Graham said at his Monday press conference. "We've not done anything. Win the next four games, then we've done something."
Graham also reiterated his teaching philosophy, and added that for this final stretch, preparation will be crucial.
"You have to be improving every day," Graham said. "And some days we've just improved by that much, but I think we've improved every day and gotten better."
Graham believes his team is hitting its stride right now, seeing as it took down Washington in resounding fashion and overcame road woes to win at Washington State and Utah. He noted that the Sun Devils have to keep the momentum going and work even harder to have continued success.
"Our meetings have to be different," Graham added. "Our practices have to be different. I'm talking about better than what we've done."
One issue Graham addressed was maintaining discipline, pointing to complaining to officials about penalty calls and reacting emotionally, two things he doesn't like to see in his program. Arizona State ranks sixth nationally in penalties committed per game, and Graham is intent on keeping the team near the best in that category.
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!