Updated Nov 8, 2013 - 4:55 pm
Analyst: Key in Arizona State game is Utah QB Travis Wilson's health
The difference and key for Utah (4-4, 1-4), according to the Miller, will be sophomore starting quarterback Travis Wilson, who's been dealing with injuries on his throwing hand for some time.
"This is a different Utah team if quarterback Travis Wilson is healthy," Miller told Burns and Gambo Friday. "Their downturn had been entirely due, from my perspective, to the fact that the offense that Dennis Erickson put together was based on a healthy Travis Wilson being able to throw the ball downfield and do the screen game that worked so well against Stanford."
This season, Wilson has 1,706 passing yards with 14 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, as well as 342 yards and five touchdowns on the ground.
Miller also cited #22 Arizona State's (6-2, 4-1) struggles on the road, even after coming off a big win against Washington State in Pullman.
"It's not easy to play in Salt Lake City, it's not easy to play tough, consecutive road games like ASU is doing right now," Miller explained. "They're playing better on the road, but I still think it's one of those things you wonder. Does Arizona State have what it takes to win consecutive road games?"
Ultimately, Miller predicted the Sun Devils to get the win, but he didn't back his pick too strongly.
"I would not be overconfident with this one, especially if Travis Wilson's hand, his throwing hand, is fully healthy after a bye week."
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was