Updated Nov 8, 2013 - 4:55 pm
Analyst: Key in Arizona State game is Utah QB Travis Wilson's health
The difference and key for Utah (4-4, 1-4), according to the Miller, will be sophomore starting quarterback Travis Wilson, who's been dealing with injuries on his throwing hand for some time.
"This is a different Utah team if quarterback Travis Wilson is healthy," Miller told Burns and Gambo Friday. "Their downturn had been entirely due, from my perspective, to the fact that the offense that Dennis Erickson put together was based on a healthy Travis Wilson being able to throw the ball downfield and do the screen game that worked so well against Stanford."
This season, Wilson has 1,706 passing yards with 14 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, as well as 342 yards and five touchdowns on the ground.
Miller also cited #22 Arizona State's (6-2, 4-1) struggles on the road, even after coming off a big win against Washington State in Pullman.
"It's not easy to play in Salt Lake City, it's not easy to play tough, consecutive road games like ASU is doing right now," Miller explained. "They're playing better on the road, but I still think it's one of those things you wonder. Does Arizona State have what it takes to win consecutive road games?"
Ultimately, Miller predicted the Sun Devils to get the win, but he didn't back his pick too strongly.
"I would not be overconfident with this one, especially if Travis Wilson's hand, his throwing hand, is fully healthy after a bye week."
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.