ASU's Harris: Facility upgrades won't fall behind schedule
Will Patterson take football coach Todd Graham to Texas as Mack Brown's replacement, and how does this affect ASU's plan to upgrade Sun Devil Stadium and several of its other athletic facilities?
But those fans now have an answer to at least one of those. Rocky Harris, ASU's senior associate athletic director, says there's no reason to worry that the school's facility upgrades will fall behind schedule while ASU searches for Patterson's replacement.
"We won't let that slow down because of Steve's departure," Harris told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Thursday. "He took us down to the red zone, now it's our turn to punch the ball in. He involved all of us in the process."
ASU is in the planning stages of a major renovation or reconstruction of Sun Devil Stadium, and the project will begin when upper-level north end zone seating is removed after this season. The Sun Devils' baseball team is also undergoing a facilities change, and will move to Phoenix Municipal Stadium starting in 2015.
"Some of the smaller things might be put aside for a few weeks," Harris said. "But there's no way we're letting the big things take a side seat."
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.