ASU's Harris: Facility upgrades won't fall behind schedule
Will Patterson take football coach Todd Graham to Texas as Mack Brown's replacement, and how does this affect ASU's plan to upgrade Sun Devil Stadium and several of its other athletic facilities?
But those fans now have an answer to at least one of those. Rocky Harris, ASU's senior associate athletic director, says there's no reason to worry that the school's facility upgrades will fall behind schedule while ASU searches for Patterson's replacement.
"We won't let that slow down because of Steve's departure," Harris told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Thursday. "He took us down to the red zone, now it's our turn to punch the ball in. He involved all of us in the process."
ASU is in the planning stages of a major renovation or reconstruction of Sun Devil Stadium, and the project will begin when upper-level north end zone seating is removed after this season. The Sun Devils' baseball team is also undergoing a facilities change, and will move to Phoenix Municipal Stadium starting in 2015.
"Some of the smaller things might be put aside for a few weeks," Harris said. "But there's no way we're letting the big things take a side seat."
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
- ASU's Will Sutton, Carl Bradford work out for scouts at NFL Combine
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 4Herb Sendek talks about the upcoming game against Oregon, and the decision to come home in between r