ASU interim AD: ‘We're going to stay the course'
As you'd expect, he was short and sharp and positive.
"We're going to stay the course -- full steam ahead," Rund said in a statement to the media in attendance at ASU's football practice Wednesday.
"We've got a great coaching staff, superb student athletes. All want to compete at the highest level. All want to win championships. We've got a terrific support staff behind them, a great administrative team, some new people who have brought terrific new talent and a stable of longstanding, hard-working ASU employees who know how to support a world-class athletic program."
Rund then reiterated his message.
"That's our goal, is to stay the course."
The administrator has never before held an athletics-related title, for either ASU or another university, but the school's president, Michael Crow, has stated his confidence in Rund, who has involvement with Sun Devil athletics.
Rund concluded his short media spot Wednesday by appealing to Sun Devils' fans to continue in their support of university athletics.
"For the fans: You've got to come out and support us. We've got the home opener(s) for men's and women's basketball this weekend and we need to see a full house and a full community supporting Arizona State University athletics."
Rund currently serves as the university's senior vice president for educational outreach and student services, holding degrees from ASU, North Dakota State University and Moorhead State University. He has previously held positions as the school's dean of student development and several others.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.