ESPN's May: Pac-12 South to come down to ASU and UCLA
Yet, when asked by Burns and Gambo who he thinks is going to win the Pac-12 South, he put whatever perceived "hate" there may be and gave an honest answer.
"Right now, you've got to say it's got to be Arizona State," he said. "They've scored at least 50 points in their last three games.
"Or UCLA, one of those two teams."
The 22nd-ranked Sun Devils and 19th-ranked Bruins are the favorites right now, with ASU boasting a 4-1 conference mark to UCLA's 3-2. The teams are set to play each other on Nov. 23 at the Rose Bowl in CA, and if neither loses a game until then the matchup will likely determine the Pac-12 South.
However, May believes USC, who the Sun Devils beat earlier in the season, will "sneak up and get somebody" in the next few weeks. And if that's UCLA, then the Devils' road will likely include a trip to the conference championship game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.