Updated Nov 5, 2013 - 8:19 pm
Steve Patterson's statement on leaving ASU for Texas job
Patterson, who was named the AD at ASU in March 2012, released the following statement regarding his decision to leave the school:
"I am extremely proud of what we've been able to accomplish during my years at ASU. We graduated our student-athletes at a record rate, we grew our business, we reconnected with the community and we continued our success in each of our 22 sports. At the end of the day, I decided to take the Athletics Director's position at my alma mater because it is an opportunity I just couldn't pass up. I look forward to continuing to build upon the great work of DeLoss Dodds. I spent nearly 9 years as an Austin resident and student at The University of Texas. My family has lived in Texas for over 40 years. I have many ties that run deep there with business associates, friends and family, including my 92-year old mother, my brother and members of my wife's family. We are all excited to have the opportunity to come home.
"While I'm very excited about the opportunity at Texas, at the same time, I'm disappointed that I won't be at ASU to see all of the great projects that started during my tenure come to fruition. Dr. Crow has given Sun Devil Athletics every resource we needed to be successful. He has consistently supported me and my family in Tempe and I know he will continue to support Sun Devil Athletics in the years to come. I am leaving behind a very talented staff and I'm working with Dr. Crow to develop a transition plan that will assure that Sun Devil Athletics doesn't miss a beat in my absence.
"I appreciate everything the ASU community has done to make my family and I feel welcome here in the valley."
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!