Updated Nov 5, 2013 - 1:19 pm
Texas insider: UT likely not after Todd Graham
Watching football coach Todd Graham leave, too? That would be devastating.
Pretty much from the moment it was learned Patterson accepted the Texas job, speculation about Graham's future began. A prevailing thought is Mack Brown, the current coach at UT, may be out after this season, meaning Patterson would be tasked with finding a replacement. Is it possible Graham, a Texas native, would be a candidate?
"I don't think that, up to this point, his name would even be on the radar," Chip Brown of OrangeBloods.com told Bickley with Marotta Tuesday. "Now, it may be."
Brown noted that right now, Texas' sights seem to be set on Alabama coach Nick Saban, who would be the first person the school goes after should it part with Brown.
The notion that Graham could join Patterson is not unreasonable, especially given the connection the two share. However, Brown made it clear Texas very much believes it has a shot at the Crimson Tide coach.
"I don't think there's been any throttling down of interest in whether Texas can land Saban, and that's probably going to be the first call made," he said. "And after that, who knows."
Graham is 14-7 (9-5) with Arizona State, and his team is currently in the Pac-12 South title race with a 6-2 (4-1) mark.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.