ASU President Michael Crow's statement on Steve Patterson leaving for Texas
During his stay at ASU, Steve Patterson has positioned Sun Devil Athletics to continue its forward momentum well into the future. He first became involved with ASU three years ago to put the university's athletic department on a sound financial footing and that is exactly what he has done. I well understand his desire to return to his home state and wish him well at the University of Texas.
ASU's varsity teams rank high across the board in their achievements on the field of competition and in the classroom. With the opportunity to win Pac-12 and national championships and to renovate Sun Devil Stadium, the position of vice president of athletics at ASU will be attractive to a wide range of candidates across the country. We do not intend to slow our forward progress in the least and have appointed Senior Vice President James Rund as interim athletic director while we conduct a national search. Dr. Rund will be capably assisted by a staff of senior associate athletic directors who have been part of the ASU team from 10 to 30 years.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.