ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week
The previous two weeks, Arizona running back Ka'Deem Carey and quarterback B.J. Denker took claim to the conference's top offensive honor.
Monday, however, the award took a short, two-hour detour north to Tempe.
That's because following his career performance in Arizona State's 55-21 win over Washington State, junior quarterback Taylor Kelly was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week.
In the Sun Devils' 34-point victory, Kelly completed 22-of-31 passes for 275 yards and five touchdowns. He also had 13 rushes for 66 yards and two touchdowns.
The seven total touchdowns were a personal best for Kelly.
Kelly is the second ASU player to win one of the conference's weekly awards. Safety Alden Darby was named the Defensive Player of the Week back on Sept. 30.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.