ASU kicker Zane Gonzalez named Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week
Gonzalez was perfect, going four-for-four on field goal attempts, and added five extra points to total 17 points for the game. The freshman has made 11 straight field goals, bringing him up to 15-of-18 on the year, and ranks fifth nationally at 11.4 points per game.
Gonzalez also leads the Pac-12 and is second in the country with 2.1 field goals per game. He's the second Sun Devil to be named a Pac-12 Player of the Week this year, the previous being safety Alden Darby's honor following their game against USC.
Also recognized this week were Arizona running back Ka'Deem Carey and Stanford safety Jordan Richards. Carey had a school-record 40 carries, racking up 236 rushing yards and the game-winning touchdown as the Wildcats topped the Utah Utes in Tucson, Ariz. Richards had two interceptions and a team-high 10 tackles during Stanford's home victory over UCLA.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.