ASU kicker Zane Gonzalez named Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week
Gonzalez was perfect, going four-for-four on field goal attempts, and added five extra points to total 17 points for the game. The freshman has made 11 straight field goals, bringing him up to 15-of-18 on the year, and ranks fifth nationally at 11.4 points per game.
Gonzalez also leads the Pac-12 and is second in the country with 2.1 field goals per game. He's the second Sun Devil to be named a Pac-12 Player of the Week this year, the previous being safety Alden Darby's honor following their game against USC.
Also recognized this week were Arizona running back Ka'Deem Carey and Stanford safety Jordan Richards. Carey had a school-record 40 carries, racking up 236 rushing yards and the game-winning touchdown as the Wildcats topped the Utah Utes in Tucson, Ariz. Richards had two interceptions and a team-high 10 tackles during Stanford's home victory over UCLA.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.