ASU kicker Zane Gonzalez named Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week
Gonzalez was perfect, going four-for-four on field goal attempts, and added five extra points to total 17 points for the game. The freshman has made 11 straight field goals, bringing him up to 15-of-18 on the year, and ranks fifth nationally at 11.4 points per game.
Gonzalez also leads the Pac-12 and is second in the country with 2.1 field goals per game. He's the second Sun Devil to be named a Pac-12 Player of the Week this year, the previous being safety Alden Darby's honor following their game against USC.
Also recognized this week were Arizona running back Ka'Deem Carey and Stanford safety Jordan Richards. Carey had a school-record 40 carries, racking up 236 rushing yards and the game-winning touchdown as the Wildcats topped the Utah Utes in Tucson, Ariz. Richards had two interceptions and a team-high 10 tackles during Stanford's home victory over UCLA.
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition