ASU's Todd Graham wary of Washington QB Keith Price
That attention is understandable; the junior from Spokane is second in the nation with 899 rushing yards through six games and already has run for 160 yards or more four times this season. Containing him would go a long way toward a Sun Devil victory.
But ASU head coach Todd Graham is also very aware of the man who makes the Huskies' eighth-ranked offense go -- quarterback Keith Price.
"He's got a really live arm, a guy that makes everything work and extends plays -- that's the biggest challenge you have with him," Graham told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday. "He really extends plays, he maintains himself as a thrower and he's got one of the best running backs in the country standing beside him that he hands the ball off to."
Price, a senior from Compton, Calif., is a seasoned signal-caller -- he'll be making his 33rd career start Saturday, and he's Washington's all-time leader in completion percentage, passing efficiency and touchdown passes.
"He has an understanding that he has a lot of talent around him and he utilizes them," Graham said. "I'll be honest with you, the most talented team we've played to this point is USC, physically and (Washington) is right there with them. The receivers, the running backs, they're that talented."
But Graham didn't shy away from sharing his formula to a Sun Devil victory.
"That's the key to the game, can we get (Price) rattled? Can we force turnovers, can we do those things," he asked before again talking about Price's slippery nature.
"The way he extends plays is the challenge. You've got to stay on your man, you can't give up any cheap ones."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.