Eight Sun Devils make Phil Steele's midseason All-Pac-12 team
The mark is tied for the third most in the conference, along with USC and UCLA, as Oregon's tally of 13 and Stanford's 11 lead the Pac 12.
Running back Marion Grice highlights the Sun Devils' names on the list, as he leads the nation with 10 rushing tocuhdowns, logging 15 touchdowns in the team's first six games, which puts him on pace to break ASU's single-season record. Grice is one of four ASU players to make Steele's first team.
Along with him are wide receiver Jaelen Strong, who ranks eighth in the nation in receiving yards, tight end Chris Coyle and cornerback Osahon Irabor.
Rounding out the eight who received the midseason honors were defensive tackle Will Sutton, offensive linemen Evan Finkenberg and Jamil Douglas and linebacker Chris Young, who was put on Steele's third team.
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.