Updated Oct 11, 2013 - 3:45 pm
Report: ASU could play Texas A&M in Houston in 2015
ASU will host New Mexico and Cal Poly in Tempe two years from now, but that leaves a slot open for another non-conference affair.
CBS Sports is reporting that Texas A&M will host a season kickoff game at Reliant Stadium in Houston in 2015, and that the Sun Devils could be on the other sideline.
A member of the ASU football staff said Friday the coaches had talked about the 2015 game in Houston as part of their recruiting efforts in the state under second-year coach Todd Graham, who is from the Dallas suburb of Mesquite. Arizona State lost 37-34 to Notre Dame last week in Cowboys Stadium.
The article, written by Jeremy Fowler, does also quote associate athletic director Mark Brand, who said, "Our schedule for 2015 is not complete yet. We are working on it and future schedules."
Arizona State and Texas A&M have never met on the gridiron, but the Sun Devils are 3-9 all-time against current members of the SEC.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition