Updated Oct 11, 2013 - 3:45 pm
Report: ASU could play Texas A&M in Houston in 2015
ASU will host New Mexico and Cal Poly in Tempe two years from now, but that leaves a slot open for another non-conference affair.
CBS Sports is reporting that Texas A&M will host a season kickoff game at Reliant Stadium in Houston in 2015, and that the Sun Devils could be on the other sideline.
A member of the ASU football staff said Friday the coaches had talked about the 2015 game in Houston as part of their recruiting efforts in the state under second-year coach Todd Graham, who is from the Dallas suburb of Mesquite. Arizona State lost 37-34 to Notre Dame last week in Cowboys Stadium.
The article, written by Jeremy Fowler, does also quote associate athletic director Mark Brand, who said, "Our schedule for 2015 is not complete yet. We are working on it and future schedules."
Arizona State and Texas A&M have never met on the gridiron, but the Sun Devils are 3-9 all-time against current members of the SEC.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.