Updated Oct 11, 2013 - 3:45 pm
Report: ASU could play Texas A&M in Houston in 2015
ASU will host New Mexico and Cal Poly in Tempe two years from now, but that leaves a slot open for another non-conference affair.
CBS Sports is reporting that Texas A&M will host a season kickoff game at Reliant Stadium in Houston in 2015, and that the Sun Devils could be on the other sideline.
A member of the ASU football staff said Friday the coaches had talked about the 2015 game in Houston as part of their recruiting efforts in the state under second-year coach Todd Graham, who is from the Dallas suburb of Mesquite. Arizona State lost 37-34 to Notre Dame last week in Cowboys Stadium.
The article, written by Jeremy Fowler, does also quote associate athletic director Mark Brand, who said, "Our schedule for 2015 is not complete yet. We are working on it and future schedules."
Arizona State and Texas A&M have never met on the gridiron, but the Sun Devils are 3-9 all-time against current members of the SEC.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice stars for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?