Arizona State Sun Devils unveil new helmet for game against Notre Dame
The Arizona State Sun Devils will be wearing helmets unlike no other when they face the Notre Dame Fighting Irish Saturday.
Monday after coach Todd Graham's press conference the team unveiled a short video of the new uniforms and cornerback Osahon Irabor walked out in full uniform.
"We want our players to be the best, first-class in everything that we do," Graham said. "We have a tremendous brand with the fork. If you want to be a champion, you've got to look like a champion first.
"The best recruits are our players. And just like how we travel, where we stay, what we eat, the uniforms we have, when recruits come in our players are going to tell them how that is. We want to be the best in the country and taking care and providing that brand. We think we have an incredible brand with that fork and that Sun Devils. That's what this is all about."
Graham added that the new uniforms are not just for show but rather that they serve as a chance for his players to learn and grow.
"Looking sharp is an important part of being a champion," said Graham. "But it's also an important part of the educational process and teaching our players that if you want to be successful it looks a certain way, it speaks a certain way, it walks a certain way, it plays a certain way and it works a certain way."
The helmets have flames spread throughout. The facemasks are a charcoal color. And each helmet is adorned in the back with a three forks going from left to right.
The most notable thing about the flames design, is that they it will appear slightly different on every helmet Saturday.
"We're really excited to wear these uniforms for the fans and represent Sun Devil nation with character, class and integrity," said Irabor, who was also modeling off black sleeves with maroon and gold flames on both arms.
The Shamrock Series uniforms mark the fifth different jersey-helmet combination the Sun Devils have worn through their first five games in 2013.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.