ASU coach Graham: Along with Oregon, USC 'most talented team' Sun Devils will face
First came Wisconsin, whom the Devils beat 32-30 at Sun Devil Stadium.
Then came Stanford, which handled ASU with relative ease in a 42-28 win.
Up next is USC, and while the Trojans are not the team they once where, ASU head coach Todd Graham understands his team has its work cut out for it.
"Our guys know we're playing a very, very difficult schedule," Graham told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "They understand the significance of this game with USC."
The second-year coach said everyone is aware that the winner of this game will have an advantage in the Pac-12 South race, and while last week's loss to the Cardinal was disappointing, a win Saturday would go long way toward making this season a success.
"The one that doesn't (win) is looking uphill," he said.
And, Graham noted, the Trojans talent belies their 3-1 record.
"We're playing a very, very talented team -- probably the most talented team," he said. "Probably Oregon and USC have the most talented team that we're going to play."
Graham points to the Trojans' speed along with their big offensive line, adding that receiver Marqise Lee is someone his defense will have to keep an eye on. The key, he said, will be keeping USC from big plays, and then offensively his squad must not turn the ball over.
"The biggest thing about their team is that their defense is really good," he said. "They're really athletic, really physical."
No matter what happens, though, Graham is confident his team is ready for what lies ahead.
"Our guys know how big this game is; these guys always play very well out here on this field, and I look forward to bounce back, to play great this week."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.