Updated Sep 24, 2013 - 4:52 pm
Arizona State defense hit by the injury bug
Head coach Todd Graham announced Tuesday that senior defensive end Junior Onyeali and freshman linebacker Chans Cox will miss the remainder of the season with shoulder injuries. Additionally, freshman linebacker Alani Latu will probably miss the season with a serious ankle injury.
Onyeali had yet to register any stats in the Sun Devils' three games this season. In his career, the senior from Denver has 32 total tackles, 23 tackles for loss and 17.5 quarterback sacks. He was named the Pac-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year in 2010.
Cox, who came to ASU from Blue Ridge High School in Lakeside, was considered one of the jewels of the Sun Devils' 2013 recruiting class. The 240-pound freshman had yet to play in a game this season.
Latu, also a member of the 2013 recruiting class, registered one tackle in ASU's win over Wisconsin Sept. 14.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.