Updated Sep 18, 2013 - 2:45 pm
Arizona State, Todd Graham agree to contract extension
The deal will run through 2018, and it is set to be voted on by the Arizona Board of Regents on Friday, Sep. 27.
The new terms mean Graham's salary will increase from $2.05 million to $2.3 million on July 1. From there, he will make $2.4 million in 2014, $2.5 million in 2015 and $2.6 million in 2016. His salary will increase by $50,000 annually from there.
There are other performance-based bonuses available to the coach.
Among the reasons cited for the contract extension by ASU are Graham's on-field success, where he guided the team to an 8-5 record in his first year, as well as the academic improvement the team has shown under his watch.
Other terms of the agreement are that the school can fire Graham without cause, though would have to pay his annual salary for the remainder of the contract term if it does. Conversely, if Graham elects to leave for another job, a $1.5 million buyout must be satisfied. That number drops to $1 million if at any point there are four or fewer years remaining on the contract.
- Todd Graham on ASU's first day of practice: 'We couldn't have been any better'
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.