Updated Sep 17, 2013 - 7:15 pm
Wisconsin State Journal publishes ASU-themed cartoon
In case you've somehow missed the multitude of opinions on the game's final 18 seconds over the past few days (like this one, this one or this one), Wisconsin attempted to center the ball for would-be game-winning field goal attempt. But after Badger quarterback Joel Stave took a knee in the center of the field, he set the ball down, and a pair of ASU defenders jumped on the ball — either thinking it was a fumble or trying to delay the officials from spotting the ball and allowing Stave to spike it and stop the clock.
Regardless of what their intentions were, the clock ran out before the referees were able to get the ball spotted, securing a 32-30 ASU win.
The Wisconsin State Journal — the largest newspaper in Madison, Wisc. — is also apparently upset about the ending, as evidenced by this cartoon that ran in the paper's Monday edition.
Pac-12 Officiating Coordinator Tony Corrente told the Pac-12 Networks that the play "didn't meet the standard of what we expect from our officials."
It's safe to say that the State Journal feels the same way.
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!