Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen discusses ASU fiasco
As far as the coach is concerned, his team got the short end of the stick when the officials seemed to lose control of the situation, allowing the clock to run out before the Badgers could attempt a game-winning field goal.
The Pac-12 released a statement about the ordeal, saying it has reprimanded the referees who were involved, but that does not change the outcome of the game.
The coach spoke about it all during his weekly press conference Monday, and here is some of what he said.
Andersen: "At the end of the game... bottom line is we're looking for accountability & the opportunity to let kids finish the game" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen on end of game: "It's thought-out. It's a process. It's practiced many times. We handled it well. There was 18 seconds left"— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen on Stave's kneel-down at ASU: "Let's make it clear. He took a knee. By rule, he doesn't have to take a knee" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen: "Putting the ball on ground is to allow the officials to get the ball spotted quicker" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen: "This was different. You can't say we had a chance to execute and we didn't" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen on Pac-12 statement: "It's accountability, which at the end of the day is what we asked for" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.