Updated Sep 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Wisconsin A.D. Alvarez has 'great deal of respect' for Arizona State's Graham
"I think Todd's done a very nice job with teaching his system, implementing his system," Alvarez told Arizona Sports 620's Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta Wednesday. "I think the players that he inherited sure seem to fit the type of system that he wants to run."
Alvarez noted the two programs' differences in style, with Wisconsin known for its power running offense while the Sun Devils prefer a speedier attack. He complimented ASU's skill players, who are succeeding under Graham's style, while adding that the coach has done a good job recruiting in his short time in the desert.
Graham has brought a no-nonsense attitude into the program since taking over as head coach in December 2011. He came in with the intent of playing disciplined football, and in his first season cut the team's penalties nearly in half. That might be what has drawn the admiration of Alvarez.
"I've got a great deal of respect for him and the type of program he runs," Alvarez said, adding he appreciates the the style of play Graham employs.
Wisconsin enters the game #20 in the AP poll. ASU received 64 points, placing them one spot outside the Top 25. The game kicks off at 7:30 p.m.
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?