Updated Sep 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Wisconsin A.D. Alvarez has 'great deal of respect' for Arizona State's Graham
"I think Todd's done a very nice job with teaching his system, implementing his system," Alvarez told Arizona Sports 620's Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta Wednesday. "I think the players that he inherited sure seem to fit the type of system that he wants to run."
Alvarez noted the two programs' differences in style, with Wisconsin known for its power running offense while the Sun Devils prefer a speedier attack. He complimented ASU's skill players, who are succeeding under Graham's style, while adding that the coach has done a good job recruiting in his short time in the desert.
Graham has brought a no-nonsense attitude into the program since taking over as head coach in December 2011. He came in with the intent of playing disciplined football, and in his first season cut the team's penalties nearly in half. That might be what has drawn the admiration of Alvarez.
"I've got a great deal of respect for him and the type of program he runs," Alvarez said, adding he appreciates the the style of play Graham employs.
Wisconsin enters the game #20 in the AP poll. ASU received 64 points, placing them one spot outside the Top 25. The game kicks off at 7:30 p.m.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.