Updated Sep 10, 2013 - 8:41 am
ASU to honor Granite Mountain Hotshots, other first responders
"We've asked Wisconsin to take part in this as well and they will bring out a jersey with the number 19 as well."
ASU mascot Sparky will do 19 pushups every time the Sun Devils score.
First responders will get discounted tickets as well with a special promo code, and ASU is teaming up with the 100 Club of Arizona who will be at the game raising money for scholarship funds for the families of first responders who've been lost.
"The decision making process was really about what is the right thing to do," said Kennedy. "Especially for those who gave their lives, not only the Granite Mountain Hotshots but the other fallen first responders."
Among the first responders to be honored are DPS Officer Tim Huffman, Phoenix Firefighter Bradley Harper and Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz. All were lost in the past year.
The ASU men's and women's basketball teams will have first responders nights as well during their respective seasons.
Jim Cross, Reporter
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- No roses, just thorns: Loss to Stanford should not diminish Sun Devils' season
- Pac-12 Championship Game Live: Notes from Sun Devil Stadium
- The Pulse: Fans like ASU's chances in Pac-12 Championship, think Sun Devils will win close
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition