Updated Sep 5, 2013 - 3:06 pm
Report: Arizona State football administrator placed on leave after domestic assault charges
The report states Morris was charged with felony aggravated assault-serious physical injury and felony domestic violence-impeded breathing.
Police documents said Morris is suspected of choking his wife, Erica, from behind and lifting her off the ground. He also is suspected of punching her twice.
The couple's fight was broken up by Erica's adult son, Romel Streit.
According to the report, Chandler Police say Morris was arrested on Aug. 29 and was later released on bond.
"We have put a football staff employee on administrative leave pending the outcome of a review of the facts in the case," Arizona State athletic department spokesman Mark Brand said Thursday.
This is Morris' first season with the Sun Devils after spending the last six as the director of player personnel for LSU.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?