Updated Sep 5, 2013 - 3:06 pm
Report: Arizona State football administrator placed on leave after domestic assault charges
The report states Morris was charged with felony aggravated assault-serious physical injury and felony domestic violence-impeded breathing.
Police documents said Morris is suspected of choking his wife, Erica, from behind and lifting her off the ground. He also is suspected of punching her twice.
The couple's fight was broken up by Erica's adult son, Romel Streit.
According to the report, Chandler Police say Morris was arrested on Aug. 29 and was later released on bond.
"We have put a football staff employee on administrative leave pending the outcome of a review of the facts in the case," Arizona State athletic department spokesman Mark Brand said Thursday.
This is Morris' first season with the Sun Devils after spending the last six as the director of player personnel for LSU.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.