ASU's Jaelen Strong listed as impact newcomer in Pac-12
There are many things working in Strong's favor. First, Arizona State was average at wide receiver last season and it is even thinner this year, so players will absolutely need to step up. Strong has outstanding size, and he's coming off an exceptional season during which he led Southern California junior college players with about 1,200 receiving yards. There are not many players in front of him, so Strong could be a productive player right away. The Sun Devils might need him to do it.
Strong posted eye-popping numbers at Pierce C.C. as a freshman last season, catching 67 balls for 1,263 yards and 15 touchdowns in just 10 games. Rivals.com rated him as the eighth-best junior college receiver in the country.
Unfortunately, Strong didn't get to participate in Arizona State's first practices Tuesday. His academic paperwork hasn't been completed yet.
Strong was joined on the list by UCLA defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes, USC saftey Su'a Cravens, Arizona quarterback Anu Solomon and Oregon running back Thomas Tyner.
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.