Todd Graham: Pac-12 Networks' ‘The Drive' a ‘positive for our program'
"When I thumb through (the channels), if I see ‘Hard Knocks' I'll kind of watch that a little bit because I find it fascinating," he said.
That's good, because Graham and the Sun Devils football program will soon be starring in their own sports reality series.
The Pac-12 Network's newest all-access show, "The Drive", will feature ASU and Cal from the start of training camp through the end of the 2013 regular season.
"I think it's pretty cool," tight end Chris Coyle said. "I think it will be something that will cause a lot of guys to sort of step up their game because they understand the cameras are going to be on them at all times. As long as guys aren't getting distracted by it, I think it will definitely benefit everyone as a whole."
Graham assured the media Friday, four days before the start of camp during what was referred to as "Mini Media Day", that the 14-episode series would not become a distraction.
"We can't disrupt the classroom," he said.
The show, according to the school's press release, will offer fans unprecedented behind-the-scenes access, including in the locker room and meeting rooms. Coaches may even wear lavalier microphones during practice.
"We go by the rules here," Graham said. "We've got great people here. We've got a great staff. We've got great players. To have a 30-minute show each week about our players and this program is, to me, a no-brainer.
"We don't have anything to hide," he continued. "There's great stories on this team. I think it'll be a positive for our program."
The one-hour series premiere is scheduled to run September 11. The next 13 episodes -- running September 18 through December 11 -- will be half-hour segments, air on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. Each episode will be split between ASU and Cal.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Todd Graham on ASU's first day of practice: 'We couldn't have been any better'
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.