Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 6:10 pm
Arizona State lands a 14-year-old recruit
According to ASUDevils.com, 14-year-old Loren Mondy committed to come play football in Tempe.
Graham developed a history with the Mondy family when the father played for the coach in high school and at NAIA East Central University.
"I went to the Arizona State (satellite) camp at Sam Houston (State) and coach (Todd) Graham saw me and loved me and asked me if we could come down there so we did last weekend," Mondy said. "I was hoping to get offered and it happened the first day we were there. Coach was like, 'if you want to play with me I'm all with it. But if you commit with me you're going to have to talk to your family and really think about it and you can't be going to everyone else's school and camps and things.'
"So I talked with my parents and my dad's girlfriend and decided to commit to him because he's a man of his word. I'm really excited. Coach was talking about me going to that school I was getting goose bumps. I was so excited. I'm really happy about it. My dad is really happy about it too."
The 6-foot-1, 233-pounder is attending Mansfield Lake Ridge High School in Texas and will begin his freshman year of high school this fall.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.