Updated May 30, 2013 - 4:11 pm
ASU AD: DirecTV subscribers should look to change if they want Pac-12 Network
A deal was not -- and has not been -- reached between the two parties, meaning millions of fans are unable to watch the games and partake in the regional and specific coverage the network provides.
"If you look at it we're on four of the top five cable systems," Arizona State athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "The reality is DirecTV is just playing hard ball.
"They want to pay about two-thirds of what everybody else pays -- a little less than that, actually."
The sides are still trying to work out a deal, Patterson said it's like any other company trying to sell any other product in that if you sell it for considerably less than market value, you are not likely to make much money.
"Unfortunately, DirecTV doesn't see the value in the Pac-12 Network that they see in the Big 10 Network or other networks," he added. "They don't want to play ball.
"If I was a DirecTV subscriber I'd be looking to change to Cox or Dish (Network)."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.