Updated May 30, 2013 - 4:11 pm
ASU AD: DirecTV subscribers should look to change if they want Pac-12 Network
A deal was not -- and has not been -- reached between the two parties, meaning millions of fans are unable to watch the games and partake in the regional and specific coverage the network provides.
"If you look at it we're on four of the top five cable systems," Arizona State athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "The reality is DirecTV is just playing hard ball.
"They want to pay about two-thirds of what everybody else pays -- a little less than that, actually."
The sides are still trying to work out a deal, Patterson said it's like any other company trying to sell any other product in that if you sell it for considerably less than market value, you are not likely to make much money.
"Unfortunately, DirecTV doesn't see the value in the Pac-12 Network that they see in the Big 10 Network or other networks," he added. "They don't want to play ball.
"If I was a DirecTV subscriber I'd be looking to change to Cox or Dish (Network)."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?