Updated May 21, 2013 - 12:26 pm
ASU's Carl Bradford named to 'Freaks List'
But does that alone make a person "athletic?"
Athleticism is a term thrown around a lot in sports these days, but Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com has done some work in defining what makes some college football players "athletic freaks."
Feldman put together his 'Freaks List' -- the 20 craziest athletes in college football.
To nobody's surprise, South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney tops the list. Not many players are capable of this.
A little further down the list is Arizona State defensive stalwart Carl Bradford, who was part of a stout Sun Devil unit in 2012.
One of the Pac-12's top playmakers is also one of its biggest Freaks. On the field, the 6-1, 241-pounder stood out by piling up 11.5 sacks and 20.5 tackles for a loss last season. Off the field, Bradford is a beast in the weight room, squatting 641 pounds and power cleaning 385 to go with a team-best 10-2 broad jump. He also vertical jumps 35.5 inches.
Bradford returns to the Sun Devils for his junior season, teaming with Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Will Sutton, defensive end Davon Coleman, linebacker Chris Young, cornerback Osahon Irabor and safety Alden Darby to give head coach Todd Graham one of, if not the best, defense in the Pac-12.
Bradford was one of only three Pac-12 players to make the list, joining USC wide receiver Marqise Lee and Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla.
Check out a sampling of Bradford's athleticism below. His tipped interception of Matt Barkley's pass last November against USC was one of the defensive plays of the season.
Bradford's highlight is at the 1:30 mark on the video.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Taylor Kelly, D.J. Foster and Jaelen Strong named best offensive 'triplet' in the Pac-12
- Four-star DT Dalvon Stuckey not enrolling at ASU because of academics
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?