Updated May 21, 2013 - 12:26 pm
ASU's Carl Bradford named to 'Freaks List'
But does that alone make a person "athletic?"
Athleticism is a term thrown around a lot in sports these days, but Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com has done some work in defining what makes some college football players "athletic freaks."
Feldman put together his 'Freaks List' -- the 20 craziest athletes in college football.
To nobody's surprise, South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney tops the list. Not many players are capable of this.
A little further down the list is Arizona State defensive stalwart Carl Bradford, who was part of a stout Sun Devil unit in 2012.
One of the Pac-12's top playmakers is also one of its biggest Freaks. On the field, the 6-1, 241-pounder stood out by piling up 11.5 sacks and 20.5 tackles for a loss last season. Off the field, Bradford is a beast in the weight room, squatting 641 pounds and power cleaning 385 to go with a team-best 10-2 broad jump. He also vertical jumps 35.5 inches.
Bradford returns to the Sun Devils for his junior season, teaming with Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Will Sutton, defensive end Davon Coleman, linebacker Chris Young, cornerback Osahon Irabor and safety Alden Darby to give head coach Todd Graham one of, if not the best, defense in the Pac-12.
Bradford was one of only three Pac-12 players to make the list, joining USC wide receiver Marqise Lee and Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla.
Check out a sampling of Bradford's athleticism below. His tipped interception of Matt Barkley's pass last November against USC was one of the defensive plays of the season.
Bradford's highlight is at the 1:30 mark on the video.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.