Updated May 21, 2013 - 12:26 pm
ASU's Carl Bradford named to 'Freaks List'
But does that alone make a person "athletic?"
Athleticism is a term thrown around a lot in sports these days, but Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com has done some work in defining what makes some college football players "athletic freaks."
Feldman put together his 'Freaks List' -- the 20 craziest athletes in college football.
To nobody's surprise, South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney tops the list. Not many players are capable of this.
A little further down the list is Arizona State defensive stalwart Carl Bradford, who was part of a stout Sun Devil unit in 2012.
One of the Pac-12's top playmakers is also one of its biggest Freaks. On the field, the 6-1, 241-pounder stood out by piling up 11.5 sacks and 20.5 tackles for a loss last season. Off the field, Bradford is a beast in the weight room, squatting 641 pounds and power cleaning 385 to go with a team-best 10-2 broad jump. He also vertical jumps 35.5 inches.
Bradford returns to the Sun Devils for his junior season, teaming with Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Will Sutton, defensive end Davon Coleman, linebacker Chris Young, cornerback Osahon Irabor and safety Alden Darby to give head coach Todd Graham one of, if not the best, defense in the Pac-12.
Bradford was one of only three Pac-12 players to make the list, joining USC wide receiver Marqise Lee and Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla.
Check out a sampling of Bradford's athleticism below. His tipped interception of Matt Barkley's pass last November against USC was one of the defensive plays of the season.
Bradford's highlight is at the 1:30 mark on the video.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.