Updated May 21, 2013 - 12:26 pm
ASU's Carl Bradford named to 'Freaks List'
But does that alone make a person "athletic?"
Athleticism is a term thrown around a lot in sports these days, but Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com has done some work in defining what makes some college football players "athletic freaks."
Feldman put together his 'Freaks List' -- the 20 craziest athletes in college football.
To nobody's surprise, South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney tops the list. Not many players are capable of this.
A little further down the list is Arizona State defensive stalwart Carl Bradford, who was part of a stout Sun Devil unit in 2012.
One of the Pac-12's top playmakers is also one of its biggest Freaks. On the field, the 6-1, 241-pounder stood out by piling up 11.5 sacks and 20.5 tackles for a loss last season. Off the field, Bradford is a beast in the weight room, squatting 641 pounds and power cleaning 385 to go with a team-best 10-2 broad jump. He also vertical jumps 35.5 inches.
Bradford returns to the Sun Devils for his junior season, teaming with Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Will Sutton, defensive end Davon Coleman, linebacker Chris Young, cornerback Osahon Irabor and safety Alden Darby to give head coach Todd Graham one of, if not the best, defense in the Pac-12.
Bradford was one of only three Pac-12 players to make the list, joining USC wide receiver Marqise Lee and Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla.
Check out a sampling of Bradford's athleticism below. His tipped interception of Matt Barkley's pass last November against USC was one of the defensive plays of the season.
Bradford's highlight is at the 1:30 mark on the video.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.