Updated May 8, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Arizona State reveals new Sparky
It puts an end to a saga that began on March 1, when the school unveiled a redesigned Sparky, much to the dismay of many students, fans and alumni.
So, less than three weeks later the school decided to scrap the design and instead give the power to those who were upset. Students, alumni, season ticket holders, donors, faculty and staff were eligible to vote for one of four options starting April 22. The voting ended May 5.
Several students weighed in about the new, new Sparky on Wednesday.
"It looks pretty intimidating, said Kelly Chase. "I think it's a good thing for a mascot."
"It's better than the first redesign," said Andy Francis. "The first redesign was horrible."
"That is a kick-butt looking Sun Devil," said Mary Anderson. "I really like it."
Other people aren't so sure. One girl said the new Sparky looks kind of like a Bumble Bee.
KTAR's Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.