Updated May 7, 2013 - 4:34 pm
ASU AD Patterson says football program has momentum
But it is real.
Following a season in which they went 8-5 and won a bowl game, it would be fair to believe the Arizona State Sun Devils are riding some positive momentum in their own right.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, athletic director Steve Patterson said that's exactly the case.
"We've sold fifty-percent more new season tickets at this time this year than we sold all of last year," he said. "So a lot of excitement about that.
"Our renewal rate's going to be in the mid to high 80s, which is much higher than in previous years. We're basically sold out of full-season suites."
Last season, Arizona State ranked fifth in the Pac-12 with an average of 56,835 fans per game. However, that number represented a four percent decrease from the year before.
It doesn't appear that a dip like that is in store for 2013, as there is optimism surrounding a program some are picking to be a contender in the Pac-12's Southern division.
"A lot of positives in terms of people being excited about the program," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?