Updated May 7, 2013 - 4:34 pm
ASU AD Patterson says football program has momentum
But it is real.
Following a season in which they went 8-5 and won a bowl game, it would be fair to believe the Arizona State Sun Devils are riding some positive momentum in their own right.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, athletic director Steve Patterson said that's exactly the case.
"We've sold fifty-percent more new season tickets at this time this year than we sold all of last year," he said. "So a lot of excitement about that.
"Our renewal rate's going to be in the mid to high 80s, which is much higher than in previous years. We're basically sold out of full-season suites."
Last season, Arizona State ranked fifth in the Pac-12 with an average of 56,835 fans per game. However, that number represented a four percent decrease from the year before.
It doesn't appear that a dip like that is in store for 2013, as there is optimism surrounding a program some are picking to be a contender in the Pac-12's Southern division.
"A lot of positives in terms of people being excited about the program," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.