Updated May 7, 2013 - 4:34 pm
ASU AD Patterson says football program has momentum
But it is real.
Following a season in which they went 8-5 and won a bowl game, it would be fair to believe the Arizona State Sun Devils are riding some positive momentum in their own right.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, athletic director Steve Patterson said that's exactly the case.
"We've sold fifty-percent more new season tickets at this time this year than we sold all of last year," he said. "So a lot of excitement about that.
"Our renewal rate's going to be in the mid to high 80s, which is much higher than in previous years. We're basically sold out of full-season suites."
Last season, Arizona State ranked fifth in the Pac-12 with an average of 56,835 fans per game. However, that number represented a four percent decrease from the year before.
It doesn't appear that a dip like that is in store for 2013, as there is optimism surrounding a program some are picking to be a contender in the Pac-12's Southern division.
"A lot of positives in terms of people being excited about the program," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?