Updated May 7, 2013 - 4:34 pm
ASU AD Patterson says football program has momentum
But it is real.
Following a season in which they went 8-5 and won a bowl game, it would be fair to believe the Arizona State Sun Devils are riding some positive momentum in their own right.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, athletic director Steve Patterson said that's exactly the case.
"We've sold fifty-percent more new season tickets at this time this year than we sold all of last year," he said. "So a lot of excitement about that.
"Our renewal rate's going to be in the mid to high 80s, which is much higher than in previous years. We're basically sold out of full-season suites."
Last season, Arizona State ranked fifth in the Pac-12 with an average of 56,835 fans per game. However, that number represented a four percent decrease from the year before.
It doesn't appear that a dip like that is in store for 2013, as there is optimism surrounding a program some are picking to be a contender in the Pac-12's Southern division.
"A lot of positives in terms of people being excited about the program," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Chris Karpman, Publisher of ASUdevils.com - Thursday December 12ASU has one commitment among high school prospects in the state. What does this mean?
- Rocky Harris, Senior Associate Athletic Director - Thursday December 12The aftermath of the Sun Devils loss to Stanford.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game