Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 5:56 pm
ASU, UA shut out at the 2013 NFL Draft
Neither Arizona nor Arizona State had a prospect selected by an NFL team from Thursday-Saturday.
The Sun Devils (linebacker Brandon Magee, safety Keelan Johnson and punter Josh Hubner) and the Wildcats (quarterback Matt Scott and wide receiver Dan Buckner) were the only two Pac-12 programs not to be represented in the draft.
According to Arizona Republic columnist Paola Boivin, it's the first time since 1963 that neither Arizona school had a player taken.
Arizona high schools, however, were represented fairly well.
Chandler High's Dion Jordan (No. 3 overall by the Miami Dolphins) became the highest-drafted player to ever come out of the state. Jordan's high school teammate, Marcus Wheaton, was also taken in third round (No. 79 overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers).
Notre Dame Prep alum Sean Renfree was selected in the seventh round (No. 249 overall by the Atlanta Falcons), as well.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!