Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 5:56 pm
ASU, UA shut out at the 2013 NFL Draft
Neither Arizona nor Arizona State had a prospect selected by an NFL team from Thursday-Saturday.
The Sun Devils (linebacker Brandon Magee, safety Keelan Johnson and punter Josh Hubner) and the Wildcats (quarterback Matt Scott and wide receiver Dan Buckner) were the only two Pac-12 programs not to be represented in the draft.
According to Arizona Republic columnist Paola Boivin, it's the first time since 1963 that neither Arizona school had a player taken.
Arizona high schools, however, were represented fairly well.
Chandler High's Dion Jordan (No. 3 overall by the Miami Dolphins) became the highest-drafted player to ever come out of the state. Jordan's high school teammate, Marcus Wheaton, was also taken in third round (No. 79 overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers).
Notre Dame Prep alum Sean Renfree was selected in the seventh round (No. 249 overall by the Atlanta Falcons), as well.
- Todd Graham on ASU's first day of practice: 'We couldn't have been any better'
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.