Updated Apr 23, 2013 - 11:09 am
ASU president says football team will play games at Chase Field
According to university president Michael Crow, that home will be Chase Field.
"We get a brand new Sun Devil Stadium, and while Sun Devil Stadium is being prepared we look forward to playing our football games at Chase Field," he said during a press conference to announce the baseball team's move to Phoenix Municipal Stadium. That will take place in 2015.
Crow did not elaborate any further, and there is no timetable set for when the renovations -- or the move -- will take place. But, according to Crow, it will happen.
"That's the only place for us to play, going forward," he said. "So it's really an example of this fantastic relationship that we have with the City of Phoenix."
Chase Field is not a stranger to football, hosting the Insight Bowl from 2000 to 2005. Arizona State participated in the '05 game, knocking off Rutgers 45-40.
"We know that the city of Phoenix wants it to happen," Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said. "Diamondbacks are a wonderful organization that are great to partner with, are community based, so we know they'll work out the logistics.
"But location wise, look, the heart of the city; we can bring in massive amounts of people."
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.