Updated Apr 23, 2013 - 11:09 am
ASU president says football team will play games at Chase Field
According to university president Michael Crow, that home will be Chase Field.
"We get a brand new Sun Devil Stadium, and while Sun Devil Stadium is being prepared we look forward to playing our football games at Chase Field," he said during a press conference to announce the baseball team's move to Phoenix Municipal Stadium. That will take place in 2015.
Crow did not elaborate any further, and there is no timetable set for when the renovations -- or the move -- will take place. But, according to Crow, it will happen.
"That's the only place for us to play, going forward," he said. "So it's really an example of this fantastic relationship that we have with the City of Phoenix."
Chase Field is not a stranger to football, hosting the Insight Bowl from 2000 to 2005. Arizona State participated in the '05 game, knocking off Rutgers 45-40.
"We know that the city of Phoenix wants it to happen," Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said. "Diamondbacks are a wonderful organization that are great to partner with, are community based, so we know they'll work out the logistics.
"But location wise, look, the heart of the city; we can bring in massive amounts of people."
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.