Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 4:54 pm
Todd Graham: Worst coach in the Pac-12?
Oh, did I mention that the Sun Devils were the most-penalized team in all of college football that season?
Enter Todd Graham, who took over as head coach in December of 2011, and in one season, led the Devils to an 8-5 record, their first bowl win since 2005 and transformed them into the least-penalized team in the Pac-12.
Pretty impressive, right?
Not in the eyes of Sporting News writer Matt Hayes, who ranked the coaches of the Pac-12 -- and has Graham dead last in the poll.
The coaching nomad held it together last season after a quick start dissolved into ugly, weekly losses. No matter what you think of him after all of his job jumping, there's no denying that Graham wins everywhere he goes.
Something smells like a contradiction. Oh wait, it's Hayes' write-up on Graham.
How can a coach rank 12th out of 12 when he "wins wherever he goes?"
Incidentally, Athlon Sports ranked all 125 FBS coaches in an article last week, and Graham ranked 29th in the nation and fourth in the Pac-12.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition