Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 4:54 pm
Todd Graham: Worst coach in the Pac-12?
Oh, did I mention that the Sun Devils were the most-penalized team in all of college football that season?
Enter Todd Graham, who took over as head coach in December of 2011, and in one season, led the Devils to an 8-5 record, their first bowl win since 2005 and transformed them into the least-penalized team in the Pac-12.
Pretty impressive, right?
Not in the eyes of Sporting News writer Matt Hayes, who ranked the coaches of the Pac-12 -- and has Graham dead last in the poll.
The coaching nomad held it together last season after a quick start dissolved into ugly, weekly losses. No matter what you think of him after all of his job jumping, there's no denying that Graham wins everywhere he goes.
Something smells like a contradiction. Oh wait, it's Hayes' write-up on Graham.
How can a coach rank 12th out of 12 when he "wins wherever he goes?"
Incidentally, Athlon Sports ranked all 125 FBS coaches in an article last week, and Graham ranked 29th in the nation and fourth in the Pac-12.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was