Updated Apr 16, 2013 - 4:15 pm
ASU AD: Largest crowd ever at Saturday's spring game
Steve Patterson, Athletic Director at ASU, explained why he enjoyed the event when he visited with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
"Everybody tells me that's the biggest crowd we've ever had," Patterson said.
The game was more than just about football. The event offered fans an opportunity to get a more personal experience.
"People got a chance to meet the players, have a good time on the field, cook chili and barbeque," Patterson said. "It's great to see the little kids on the field interacting with all of the great student athletes we have here on the football team."
Patterson attributed the growing success of the spring football game to head coach Todd Graham's relationship with the Sun Devil faithful.
"Todd has done a great job since being here, working with the community, being open and transparent," he said. "It's a great community event and something we're happy to host.
"It's nice to see that many people come out on a Saturday morning to Tempe."
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.