Updated Apr 16, 2013 - 4:15 pm
ASU AD: Largest crowd ever at Saturday's spring game
Steve Patterson, Athletic Director at ASU, explained why he enjoyed the event when he visited with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
"Everybody tells me that's the biggest crowd we've ever had," Patterson said.
The game was more than just about football. The event offered fans an opportunity to get a more personal experience.
"People got a chance to meet the players, have a good time on the field, cook chili and barbeque," Patterson said. "It's great to see the little kids on the field interacting with all of the great student athletes we have here on the football team."
Patterson attributed the growing success of the spring football game to head coach Todd Graham's relationship with the Sun Devil faithful.
"Todd has done a great job since being here, working with the community, being open and transparent," he said. "It's a great community event and something we're happy to host.
"It's nice to see that many people come out on a Saturday morning to Tempe."
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.