Updated Apr 16, 2013 - 4:15 pm
ASU AD: Largest crowd ever at Saturday's spring game
Steve Patterson, Athletic Director at ASU, explained why he enjoyed the event when he visited with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
"Everybody tells me that's the biggest crowd we've ever had," Patterson said.
The game was more than just about football. The event offered fans an opportunity to get a more personal experience.
"People got a chance to meet the players, have a good time on the field, cook chili and barbeque," Patterson said. "It's great to see the little kids on the field interacting with all of the great student athletes we have here on the football team."
Patterson attributed the growing success of the spring football game to head coach Todd Graham's relationship with the Sun Devil faithful.
"Todd has done a great job since being here, working with the community, being open and transparent," he said. "It's a great community event and something we're happy to host.
"It's nice to see that many people come out on a Saturday morning to Tempe."
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition