Updated Apr 16, 2013 - 4:15 pm
ASU AD: Largest crowd ever at Saturday's spring game
Steve Patterson, Athletic Director at ASU, explained why he enjoyed the event when he visited with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
"Everybody tells me that's the biggest crowd we've ever had," Patterson said.
The game was more than just about football. The event offered fans an opportunity to get a more personal experience.
"People got a chance to meet the players, have a good time on the field, cook chili and barbeque," Patterson said. "It's great to see the little kids on the field interacting with all of the great student athletes we have here on the football team."
Patterson attributed the growing success of the spring football game to head coach Todd Graham's relationship with the Sun Devil faithful.
"Todd has done a great job since being here, working with the community, being open and transparent," he said. "It's a great community event and something we're happy to host.
"It's nice to see that many people come out on a Saturday morning to Tempe."
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.