Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 9:41 am
Pitt won't release Rushel Shell to transfer to ASU
Shell, after all, was recruited to Pittsburgh by Todd Graham before he left the Panthers to become the head coach at ASU.
Not so fast, says Pitt, who apparently ise still pretty peeved at the exit strategy Graham employed back in December of 2011.
ESPN's Joe Schad says the powers-that-be at Pitt are blocking Shell's option to transfer to ASU.
Shell requested a release from his scholarship to Arizona State, Arizona, Cal and UCLA. Shell also won't be allowed to transfer to Arizona because former Pitt staffers coach there as well.
Shell was rated the sixth-best running back in the class of 2012 by Rivals.com and ran for 641 yards and four touchdowns as a freshman in 2012.
Pitt's refusal to release Shell to transfer to ASU (or Arizona for that matter) doesn't prevent him from ending up in the Grand Canyon State. It just means that if Shell chooses to play at either school, he would have to pay his own way for his first year.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.