Updated Mar 28, 2013 - 2:37 pm
Pitt RB Rushel Shell taking leave of absence
Chryst released a statement Thursday stressing that Shell ``very much remains a part of our family on a daily basis'' but is not participating in spring drills at the moment.
Shell rushed for 641 yards and four touchdowns during his freshman season last fall and is projected to be the starting tailback for the Panthers when they open fall camp. Chryst said his primary concern is for Shell's well-being and that Shell has the program's full support.
Shell, from Hopewell, Pa., located about two hours east of Pittsburgh, set the state career high school rushing record during his career at Hopewell High, rushing for 9,078 yards.
Late Wednesday night rumors circulated that should Shell transfer, Arizona State was a likely possibility.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.