Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 11:28 pm
Report: Pitt RB Rushel Shell potentially transferring -- ASU a potential fit?
The website said Shell was looking to take his talents to either California or Arizona. Based on one concrete connection, that latter location makes a lot more sense.
Another source we spoke to last night, spoke to Shell's family and said that Arizona State could possibly be the program to land Shell. As we all know Arizona State is coached by former Pitt Head Coach Todd Graham. Graham was the coach that recruited Shell to Pitt so this might not come as a surprise that ASU is a top potential team. Shell also stated that teams like USC, UCLA, California and Arizona are also in the mix the land the highly touted running back.
During his first year at Pitt, Shell ran for 641 yards and four touchdowns and helped the Panthers make an appearance in the BBVA Compass Bowl.
While FinestPreps.com reported that Shell was set to meet with Chryst Wednesday, ASU cornerback Damarious Randall, a JUCO transfer, seems to think the running back has already chosen his next school.
Regardless of the rumor, ASU heads into 2013 with plenty of firepower in the backfield. Two of the Sun Devils' top rushers from a season ago -- Marion Grice and DJ Foster -- are set to return.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.