Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 11:28 pm
Report: Pitt RB Rushel Shell potentially transferring -- ASU a potential fit?
The website said Shell was looking to take his talents to either California or Arizona. Based on one concrete connection, that latter location makes a lot more sense.
Another source we spoke to last night, spoke to Shell's family and said that Arizona State could possibly be the program to land Shell. As we all know Arizona State is coached by former Pitt Head Coach Todd Graham. Graham was the coach that recruited Shell to Pitt so this might not come as a surprise that ASU is a top potential team. Shell also stated that teams like USC, UCLA, California and Arizona are also in the mix the land the highly touted running back.
During his first year at Pitt, Shell ran for 641 yards and four touchdowns and helped the Panthers make an appearance in the BBVA Compass Bowl.
While FinestPreps.com reported that Shell was set to meet with Chryst Wednesday, ASU cornerback Damarious Randall, a JUCO transfer, seems to think the running back has already chosen his next school.
Regardless of the rumor, ASU heads into 2013 with plenty of firepower in the backfield. Two of the Sun Devils' top rushers from a season ago -- Marion Grice and DJ Foster -- are set to return.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.