Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 3:43 pm
Todd Graham's coaching staff gets a shake-up
Chris Thomsen, who joined the Sun Devils on Jan. 11, 2013, will move from coaching the running backs to a position he is more familiar with.
"I am pleased to announce the move of Chris Thomsen from running backs coach to offensive line coach," Graham said. "Chris is one of the top offensive line coaches in the nation and that is his specialty. I am very happy to have Chris back at ASU and in charge of our offensive front.
"Chris is an outstanding recruiter as well."
As Texas Tech's offensive line coach last season and the Red Raiders' interim head coach after Tommy Tuberville's departure to the University of Cincinnati, Thomsen led TTU to a 34-31 victory over Minnesota in the 2012 Meineke Car Care Bowl in December.
Prior to landing in Lubbock, Thomsen spent seven years as head coach of the Abilene Christian Wildcats, where he helped build the Division II program from the ground up.
The coach turned a program that posted a 4-6 record in 2005 into a perennial contender in the Lone Star Conference with a 47-15 record over the following six seasons. Under Thomsen, the Wildcats had six straight appearances in the NCAA Division II playoffs from 2006-2011 and ACU's first conference title in 31 years, which came in 2008.
In the second of the moves by Graham, his son, Bo will take over the spot Thomsen vacated as running backs coach.
Graham spent his first year at ASU as the On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator.
"Bo is a young, up-and-coming coach who has been around the great game of football his entire life," Graham said. "He coached a career 3,000-yard rusher at Tulsa and he connects very well with today's players. He is an excellent recruiter and we will take advantage of that by having him on the road in recruiting."
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.