Updated Mar 8, 2013 - 5:07 pm
Sun Devils work out for NFL scouts at pro day
Linebacker Brandon Magee and safety Keelan Johnson, who both attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, and running back Cameron Marshall, who didn't, were among the former Sun Devils who worked out for scouts.
"Overall, I give myself a plus," Magee said. "I'm pretty satisfied. I tried my best at every drill and worked really hard to get my stats up, so I'm really happy with it."
Magee wasn't thrilled with the 4.74-second forty-yard dash he clocked at the combine last month. Friday, his time was in the 4.5 range. Magee didn't lift at the workout.
Johnson didn't feel like he improved upon his performance in Indy.
"All my numbers from the combine, they were all a lot better than what I did now, but I'm not going to hang my head," he said. "I'll just look past this day and get ready for the next stage in my life."
Marshall, who ran for 2,700 yards and 38 touchdowns during his Sun Devil career, didn't receive an invitation to the combine, and felt slighted by the snub.
"Definitely with my body of work here at the school, I felt like I should have been there," Marshall stated. "I was just fortunate to come out here and have the same opportunity."
Marshall's 40 time was also in the 4.5 range.
"I would've liked to have run a little bit faster than that," he said.
Marshall also completed 22 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press.
Deveron Carr, Rashad Ross, Jamal Miles, James Morrison, Brice Schwab and 2011 graduate Shelly Lyons also worked out Friday.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.