Updated Mar 8, 2013 - 5:07 pm
Sun Devils work out for NFL scouts at pro day
Linebacker Brandon Magee and safety Keelan Johnson, who both attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, and running back Cameron Marshall, who didn't, were among the former Sun Devils who worked out for scouts.
"Overall, I give myself a plus," Magee said. "I'm pretty satisfied. I tried my best at every drill and worked really hard to get my stats up, so I'm really happy with it."
Magee wasn't thrilled with the 4.74-second forty-yard dash he clocked at the combine last month. Friday, his time was in the 4.5 range. Magee didn't lift at the workout.
Johnson didn't feel like he improved upon his performance in Indy.
"All my numbers from the combine, they were all a lot better than what I did now, but I'm not going to hang my head," he said. "I'll just look past this day and get ready for the next stage in my life."
Marshall, who ran for 2,700 yards and 38 touchdowns during his Sun Devil career, didn't receive an invitation to the combine, and felt slighted by the snub.
"Definitely with my body of work here at the school, I felt like I should have been there," Marshall stated. "I was just fortunate to come out here and have the same opportunity."
Marshall's 40 time was also in the 4.5 range.
"I would've liked to have run a little bit faster than that," he said.
Marshall also completed 22 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press.
Deveron Carr, Rashad Ross, Jamal Miles, James Morrison, Brice Schwab and 2011 graduate Shelly Lyons also worked out Friday.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.