Updated Mar 8, 2013 - 5:07 pm
Sun Devils work out for NFL scouts at pro day
Linebacker Brandon Magee and safety Keelan Johnson, who both attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, and running back Cameron Marshall, who didn't, were among the former Sun Devils who worked out for scouts.
"Overall, I give myself a plus," Magee said. "I'm pretty satisfied. I tried my best at every drill and worked really hard to get my stats up, so I'm really happy with it."
Magee wasn't thrilled with the 4.74-second forty-yard dash he clocked at the combine last month. Friday, his time was in the 4.5 range. Magee didn't lift at the workout.
Johnson didn't feel like he improved upon his performance in Indy.
"All my numbers from the combine, they were all a lot better than what I did now, but I'm not going to hang my head," he said. "I'll just look past this day and get ready for the next stage in my life."
Marshall, who ran for 2,700 yards and 38 touchdowns during his Sun Devil career, didn't receive an invitation to the combine, and felt slighted by the snub.
"Definitely with my body of work here at the school, I felt like I should have been there," Marshall stated. "I was just fortunate to come out here and have the same opportunity."
Marshall's 40 time was also in the 4.5 range.
"I would've liked to have run a little bit faster than that," he said.
Marshall also completed 22 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press.
Deveron Carr, Rashad Ross, Jamal Miles, James Morrison, Brice Schwab and 2011 graduate Shelly Lyons also worked out Friday.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.