Updated Feb 14, 2013 - 2:28 pm
Sun Devils change date of season opener vs. Sacramento State
The school announced Thursday its opener vs. Sacramento State will be played on Thursday, September 5 instead of Saturday, September 7.
The move was made to allow the football program to begin preseason practices earlier as well as give them an option to spend more time at Camp Tontozona.
"While this move could be less convenient played on a Thursday night, the long-range advantage for the football team of being able to report earlier and have extra days to prepare for the Wisconsin game could provide a competitive advantage," says Steve Patterson, ASU's Vice President for University Athletics. "In addition, the game will be the only Pac-12 game played on September 5 so it provides us with exclusive national television coverage on that evening."
The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Network. Kickoff time is TBD.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.