Updated Feb 14, 2013 - 2:28 pm
Sun Devils change date of season opener vs. Sacramento State
The school announced Thursday its opener vs. Sacramento State will be played on Thursday, September 5 instead of Saturday, September 7.
The move was made to allow the football program to begin preseason practices earlier as well as give them an option to spend more time at Camp Tontozona.
"While this move could be less convenient played on a Thursday night, the long-range advantage for the football team of being able to report earlier and have extra days to prepare for the Wisconsin game could provide a competitive advantage," says Steve Patterson, ASU's Vice President for University Athletics. "In addition, the game will be the only Pac-12 game played on September 5 so it provides us with exclusive national television coverage on that evening."
The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Network. Kickoff time is TBD.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.