Updated Feb 14, 2013 - 2:28 pm
Sun Devils change date of season opener vs. Sacramento State
The school announced Thursday its opener vs. Sacramento State will be played on Thursday, September 5 instead of Saturday, September 7.
The move was made to allow the football program to begin preseason practices earlier as well as give them an option to spend more time at Camp Tontozona.
"While this move could be less convenient played on a Thursday night, the long-range advantage for the football team of being able to report earlier and have extra days to prepare for the Wisconsin game could provide a competitive advantage," says Steve Patterson, ASU's Vice President for University Athletics. "In addition, the game will be the only Pac-12 game played on September 5 so it provides us with exclusive national television coverage on that evening."
The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Network. Kickoff time is TBD.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.