Updated Feb 14, 2013 - 2:28 pm
Sun Devils change date of season opener vs. Sacramento State
The school announced Thursday its opener vs. Sacramento State will be played on Thursday, September 5 instead of Saturday, September 7.
The move was made to allow the football program to begin preseason practices earlier as well as give them an option to spend more time at Camp Tontozona.
"While this move could be less convenient played on a Thursday night, the long-range advantage for the football team of being able to report earlier and have extra days to prepare for the Wisconsin game could provide a competitive advantage," says Steve Patterson, ASU's Vice President for University Athletics. "In addition, the game will be the only Pac-12 game played on September 5 so it provides us with exclusive national television coverage on that evening."
The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Network. Kickoff time is TBD.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.