Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 5:49 pm
ASU AD Patterson: People should feel good about ASU again
The Sun Devils, for all their exploits, struggled to connect with the community, with their alumni.
They've worked hard to change that.
Athletic director Steve Patterson, a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf during "Newsmakers Week", said he believes the school's efforts have helped.
"I think we're on the path of repairing our relationships with a number of folks and constituent groups in the community," he said.
Patterson pointed to the 400 people who were at a baseball dinner last week, and said there was a lot of work to be done in changing the perception of ASU.
"I think if people look at us and give us a clean slate, they're going to see a lot of great things happening at ASU right now," he said.
And Patterson wants everyone to feel good about it the success the Devils are having in a variety of different sports and believes folks should be taking notice.
"It's a time for people to take a look at ASU and recognize that they can feel good about being associated with us again," he said. "And I hope they are."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.