Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 5:49 pm
ASU AD Patterson: People should feel good about ASU again
The Sun Devils, for all their exploits, struggled to connect with the community, with their alumni.
They've worked hard to change that.
Athletic director Steve Patterson, a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf during "Newsmakers Week", said he believes the school's efforts have helped.
"I think we're on the path of repairing our relationships with a number of folks and constituent groups in the community," he said.
Patterson pointed to the 400 people who were at a baseball dinner last week, and said there was a lot of work to be done in changing the perception of ASU.
"I think if people look at us and give us a clean slate, they're going to see a lot of great things happening at ASU right now," he said.
And Patterson wants everyone to feel good about it the success the Devils are having in a variety of different sports and believes folks should be taking notice.
"It's a time for people to take a look at ASU and recognize that they can feel good about being associated with us again," he said. "And I hope they are."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?