ASU AD Patterson: People should feel good about ASU again
The Sun Devils, for all their exploits, struggled to connect with the community, with their alumni.
They've worked hard to change that.
Athletic director Steve Patterson, a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf during "Newsmakers Week", said he believes the school's efforts have helped.
"I think we're on the path of repairing our relationships with a number of folks and constituent groups in the community," he said.
Patterson pointed to the 400 people who were at a baseball dinner last week, and said there was a lot of work to be done in changing the perception of ASU.
"I think if people look at us and give us a clean slate, they're going to see a lot of great things happening at ASU right now," he said.
And Patterson wants everyone to feel good about it the success the Devils are having in a variety of different sports and believes folks should be taking notice.
"It's a time for people to take a look at ASU and recognize that they can feel good about being associated with us again," he said. "And I hope they are."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.