Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 5:49 pm
ASU AD Patterson: People should feel good about ASU again
The Sun Devils, for all their exploits, struggled to connect with the community, with their alumni.
They've worked hard to change that.
Athletic director Steve Patterson, a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf during "Newsmakers Week", said he believes the school's efforts have helped.
"I think we're on the path of repairing our relationships with a number of folks and constituent groups in the community," he said.
Patterson pointed to the 400 people who were at a baseball dinner last week, and said there was a lot of work to be done in changing the perception of ASU.
"I think if people look at us and give us a clean slate, they're going to see a lot of great things happening at ASU right now," he said.
And Patterson wants everyone to feel good about it the success the Devils are having in a variety of different sports and believes folks should be taking notice.
"It's a time for people to take a look at ASU and recognize that they can feel good about being associated with us again," he said. "And I hope they are."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?